Student’s career path discovered in class

Alex Ramos is thankful that his media arts teacher led him to the career he will pursue after HEHS.

As part of a Hawkeye View feature focus on being thankful, Senior Alex Ramos tweeted the following: Im #HEHSThankful for my media teacher for helping me find my way to a career I love. He is pictured here with his teacher Kevin Beers, art department.

As part of a Hawkeye View feature focus on being thankful, Senior Alex Ramos tweeted the following: “I’m #HEHSThankful for my media teacher for helping me find my way to a career I love.” He is pictured here with his teacher Kevin Beers, art department.

Nayrin Banuelos, Staff Writer

During this holiday season of giving thanks, Hoffman Estates High School students used the hashtag #hehsthankful to share stories that reflect how they are thankful. Alex Ramos, a senior, will be graduating in the spring but already has exciting plans ahead of him.

He tweeted, “@HEHSNews I’m #HEHSThankful for my media teacher for helping me find my way to a career I love.”

Ramos has been a part of the Video Animation and Media Arts Programs here at Hoffman since his freshman year. Creating videos and other skills taught in these classes not only have become some of his favorite hobbies but also are the basis of the career he will pursue beyond HEHS.

As an active member of these programs, Ramos was able to meet some great people, learn a lot of new techniques, create amazing opportunities, and, overall, discover some interesting experiences.

Ramos first met his media arts teacher, Kevin Beers, his freshman year in his Video Animation 1 class. Throughout his high school experience, Ramos continued in this program and eventually established a close relationship with his teacher. Ramos calls Beers an inspiration.

Ramos wants to strive to be like his teacher, and he respects him a lot for all of the great things he has done. Last month, Ramos found out he was accepted into Tribeca College, a college in Chicago that is dedicated to media, arts and communications. He thanks Beers for helping him reach this goal.

With the help of his teacher and mentor, Ramos was able to shape a great future for himself and have a career around something that he is happy doing.