Alex Harrison qualifies for golf sectionals

Alex Harrison is scoring his card before the next hole.

Cody Mui, Staff Writer

Alex Harrison, sophomore, has qualified for sectionals for golf, which is a big honor for any HEHS student.

Q: When did you first play golf and why?

A: My passion for the sport all started back on my 7th birthday when my aunt decided to get me golf clubs. My Aunt Leslie was and still is big into the sport. When she initially took me to the driving range, I was instantly hooked. She still to this day helps and supports me and is one of the greatest mentors in my life.

Q: How often do you practice outside of school?

A: I tend to practice at least six hours a week (preferably more) trying to also balance out my school work.

Q: Would you give up golf for any other sport? Why and why not? If so, which sport?

A: Golf to me is a game I wouldn’t give up for the world. Golf, once you play, is a sport that you just want to get better and better at. Eventually you’ll become great at the sport, yet you’re still wanting to be better. This game is not so much a game as it is a journey to success. So no, I would never give up golf for any other sport.

Q: What is your favorite aspect of golf?

A: My favorite aspect of golf is the fact that this game is all up to you and you don’t have to rely on anyone other than yourself. By playing golf I’ve learned a ton about my self as a person, and I’ve enjoyed every second of it.

Q: What is your greatest accomplishment in the world of golf?

A: My greatest accomplishment in golf, I have to say, was when I shot even par for the very first time. I knew all of my hard work finally paid off, and boy it felt great.