HEHS clubs and activities have entered a season of giving

From baking cupcakes to packing meals to donating cans of food, HEHS is focused on giving back to the community.

Jeet Raol

Students and staff are bringing in cans of food, working towards meeting the goal of 13,000 cans by Friday, November 20.

Anbar Zaheed, Staff Writer

‘Tis the season of giving here at Hoffman Estates High School.

From the months of October to December, clubs and activities keep their hands busy with charitable acts. On Saturday, October 24, 2015, Cupcakes for a Cause was held to raise money for the HEHS Special Olympics.

Karisma Parekh (’16) was a volunteer at the event working to distribute the cupcakes, who enjoyed the opportunity to give back.

“I chose to volunteer because I volunteered at Cupcakes for a Cause both my freshman and sophomore year, and I really enjoyed it because it was my way of helping out HEHS,” said Parekh. “Also, who wouldn’t want to be near 300 cupcakes?” Events like these help students to learn the importance of giving, while also having a fun time at school.

Feed My Starving Children is an organization that works to pack and distribute meals to malnourished children across the world. Throughout the years, HEHS has contributed their service to FMSC plenty of times. Both HealthCare Club and the Yoga class have made their first visit already.

Members of Health Care Club helped pack around 17,928 meals, while the Yoga class helped pack 22,680 meals. Around the end of December, the National Honors Society is also planning a visit to Feed My Starving Children to continue working for charity.

This week Interact Club is hosting candy grams every day for students who donate 3 cans. They can send candy grams to their friends and tell them how their thankful for them. Also, this month Hoffman Estates High School is hosting its own food drive from November 13th to November 20th.

Make sure to bring in as many canned goods as you can to contribute your share of giving here at HEHS.