Homecoming Queen Candidate: Alexis Slayton

Alyvia Moore, Staff Writer

Q: What qualities do you have that would make you a great homecoming queen?

A: The qualities I have to make a good homecoming queen is the support and encouragement I have for my peers. Being the best I can be if they need help or are going through things. I enjoy helping people, especially my peers.

Q: What has been your biggest accomplishment during high school?

A: My biggest accomplishment during high school was coming in open minded. I definitely came into Hoffman with a [negative attitude] and not liking it because most of my friends went to Schaumburg, but with me having an open mind it allowed me to have the friends that I do now.

Q: Who is your biggest inspiration and why?

A: My biggest inspiration is my dad. He came a long way with losing his mom a few years back and finding out that his dad has cancer. To this day I am so thankful to have a man like him in my life and the fact that he always has a smile on his face is so wonderful to see. He is something special.

Q: What is your favorite activity or sport and why?

A: My favorite sport is cheer. Having new people on the team, making new friendships and becoming a family is so powerful. We are all accountable for each other and, without a doubt, that’s what makes a team better. Getting new skills, the coaches cheering us on with joy is something so great to see.

Q: What is your favorite school subject and why?

A: My favorite subject is Rhetoric of Cinema. Mrs. Bromley is an outstanding teacher and allows me to have a different meaning about movies that we watch in class, which helps me realize things I’ve never noticed before. I would totally recommend taking that class senior year. The class is great, and so is she!

Q: What do you think is the best part of the Wizard of Oz?

A: I’ve actually never seen it before, but I plan on watching before the dance on Saturday.

Q: What are you most looking forward to during homecoming week?

A: What I am looking forward to for this homecoming week is to just have a good time and enjoy the spirit days. It’s my last year and I want to make it memorable. Also the homecoming game…I’m excited for everything that’s going on this week and I don’t want it to end.