HEHS Hawks Raced to “Do The Hustle”

Jodee Capati, Staff Writer

Hoffman Estates High School started Homecoming Week by holding its 6th “Hoffman Homecoming Hustle” on Sunday, October 2.

Homecoming Hustle is an annual 5k Fun Run/Walk that can be enjoyed and entered by HEHS faculty, students/alumni and family. It is also considered a benefit for the HEHS Athletic Programs, because 100% of the registration fees goes to the HEHS athletics, a sign of support for them to keep up and strive their best for sport competitions.

All participants came to the Registration Booth at 8 a.m. to pick up their packets. The packet contained a water bottle, heating pad, ballpoint pens and a “Do The Hustle” T-shirt. The first 50 participants who registered received a bonus 70s classic wristbands and headbands. With the help of the Interact Club and their sponsor, the registration went smoothly.

The race started at 9 a.m. To guide the racers, Cross Country Boys led the way to the finish line. The line was placed in the Football Field and music gave an extra adrenaline rush, when racers completed the 5k run/walk.

Nabil Kahouadji won first place for the Men & Women (18 y.o. and older) category. His family came to watch him reach the finish line, leaving a wonderful smile on his face.