There is no place like Homecoming…

Homecoming 2016 might be past, but the memories are worth recounting.

Jodee Capati, Staff Writer

Last Friday, Hawks walked into the gymnasium thinking ‘we’re not in HEHS anymore’. Students were in awe as they entered a new world. The floor was covered with yellow brick roads, some creative designs, and a beautiful stage with cutouts of characters from the Wizard of Oz. Fountains were also placed on the floor and a magical door was located at the end of the gym.

Tayyaba Ali and Austin Coalson, both juniors, were MC’s during the Coronation. First, they welcomed some of the past alumni. Ali and Coalson introduced the Homecoming Court by narrating some facts, trivia information, and opinions about the court. See Homecoming Court Member Profiles

The 12 members of the Court, wearing dresses and tuxedos, walked around the yellow brick road and positioned themselves near the stage, waiting for the results.

Before the MC’s announced the King and Queen, they welcomed back 2015 Homecoming Queen, Marielle Lugo. Shiv Patel was last year’s Homecoming King but was not able to attend. Coalson and Ali also reintroduced last year’s Mr. And Ms. Congeniality, Connor Patterson and Molly Rustay.

After some nail-biting moments, the secret was finally revealed: Peter Rivera and Amanda Batista were named the 2016 King and Queen. They took their victory lap, shaking hands with some of the juniors and seniors.

Daniel Ham was awarded Mr. Congeniality and Arden Panek was given the Ms. Congeniality title. The Homecoming Court posed for some pics, and, at the end, the Court traipsed out of the magical doorway.

The King and Queen lived happily ever after, Hawks enjoyed their night of Homecoming and everything went back to normal when Tuesday arrived.

The End.