HEHS students, staff make Halloween special for the community

Club members and sponsors share insights regarding this year’s Halloween Community Trick or Treat

• I think it’s fun to be decorating with friends and make new friends along the way, and it’s very fun to see the kids come in to just receive candy and see their adorable costumes. – Mallika Patil, Senior 
  • I think this is a nice experience for the kids. They have a nice community to come into and, [they can] experience their own Halloween. It’s kind of like a safe area for them, and I like it. – Alex Hwang, Sophomore 
  • It’s fun. It’s going to be creative because a lot of clubs are involved right now to decorate, do games, and pass out candy. The kids would enjoy it also because they’d get a lot of candy and memories made here. – Dana Ong, Senior, President of Interact Club 
  • This Halloween event is a great way for people in the community to get together and celebrate Halloween in HEHS’ hallways. – Maggie King, Sponsor of Interact Club 
  • The kids are going to make really good memories with the community, going around and having fun, and it will just be really enjoyable. – Jamie Rae Cuartero, Junior 
  • They’ll (Kids) feel happy and excited that their community is helping them to have a great Halloween. – Parita Shah, Sophomore 
  • I would feel happy along with the other people who are helping out. Kids don’t always get a chance to experience this, and we’re providing them with a free opportunity. – Priyanka Patel 
  • This Halloween event is going to be a lot of fun for the kids. I’ve been doing this since freshman year, and the kids are going to love it and get candy and meet the high schoolers. I think the high schoolers get a lot out of it too because they have a good time with interacting with kids and interacting with the surrounding community. – Jackie Folmar, Senior 
  • I think they’ll (kids) be really happy because we put a lot of effort into these decorations, and it’s a nice environment, and they’ll have a lot of fun. – Angeline Prabakar, Junior 
  • I think the children will really enjoy this year’s event because we put a lot of hard work and effort into these decorations. It is a safe environment for the kids to trick or treat in. They don’t have to worry about the weather outside because we’re inside. – Shaan Thakkar, Junior 
  • The kids will like this event because we’re all decorating the hallways, and they’re gonna love it because of the games, decors, and costumes that high schoolers wear. – Hinal Patel, Junior 
  • I think the kids will really enjoy this event because it’s safe, and they get a lot of candy. There’s a lot of games and activities they’ll enjoy as well. – Krisna Patel, Junior 
  • It’s always amazing. It’s a great thing to do for our community, especially the kids. With unpredictable weather and worrying if they’re too cold or wet, I think it’s a great thing to do, to bring the big kids together with the little kids in the community. – Mrs. Chung, sponsor of PALS 
  • They’ll love it and have a spooktacular time! – Mrs. Gilbert, Thespians. 
  • I’m really impressed with all of the students who’ve shown up to help participate in this event. I think they did a great job in the decorating, and I’m excited for the community to see our involvement. – Mrs. Boomer, sponsor of Theatre Guides 
  • I feel like this year’s event is going to be more fun. A lot of more clubs are doing this which is cool! – Araceli Rodriguez, Sophomore
  • It’s going to be a spOooOktaculaAar!! – Ms. Thomas, sponsor of Math Team 
  • The kids will be really excited because we’d done amazing decorations, and we’d really worked hard, and I hope the kids will enjoy it. – Ruchi Patel, Freshman 
  • It’s a good opportunity for people to get together and be a community. – Karissa Kalnas, Sophomore