Fall play cast, set make for a memorable experience

Julia Wozniak, Staff Writer

The Hoffman Estates High School theater recently hosted George S. Kaufman and Moss Hart’s “You Can’t Take It with You,” a wonderful play filled with comedy and romance.

The set was beautiful, consisting of a 1930’s style home. The stage had colors of dark orange and burgundy fitting the vibe of a New York City home right after the Great Depression. 

“The small little moments drove the play and gave it life,” said Sarah You, senior.

The cast included Carter Bayne, Dylan Butler, Annielle Capati, Alexis Cappello, Anahi Carrillo, Harper Funkhouser, Bella Hoeye, Even Jensen, Samantha Knapp, Dominic Luzwick, Charlotte Lyons, Isaiah Martin, Ernie Mueller, Abby Nahm, Hailey Palozzolo, Brandon Pelayo, Melanie Huerta-Rodriguez, Mason Wang and Henry Ward who all did a fantastic job. 

Overall, the Fall play was a hit. Everyone was so impressed with the quality of the entertainment and the work and effort that all of these students put into the show, on and off stage.

HEHS always strives to succeed in all aspects that high school has to offer and we can’t wait to see what the rest of the 2022-2023 school year brings. For example, keep your eyes peeled for “Les Misérables,” the winter musical. Auditions were just held so rehearsals will start soon in preparation for yet another one of Hoffman’s breathtaking performances.