Hawkeye View

The student news site of Hoffman Estates High School

Hawkeye View

Hawkeye View

Follow Us on Twitter
Meet the Staff

Hi, my name is Madison Davis. I am a sophomore at HEHS. I’m a member of the Hawkeye View, and I'm also involved in the Photography Club. I enjoy spending quality time with friends and my family. Something...

Homecoming week offers opportunities for all

Participating in HEHS Homecoming week can be magical; dressing up, hanging out after, and dancing with your friends is all part of the high school experience. 

“Last year was very fun. We took pictures and decorated our team’s hallway! The football game was the star of the show, the Blue Crew section was really energized which made the homecoming experience amazing,” Rudra Patel, sophomore.

The theme this year is Back to School, which celebrates high school-inspired movies such as Mean Girls or High School Musical. There are many events to attend during homecoming week. The week kicks off with hallway decorations and the NHS sponsored Color Run. On Tuesday, September 19, the Class Clash occurs during lunch. Wednesday, September 20, students will participate in the 50th anniversary parade at 6 p.m., which begins at Fabrini Park and ends the school.

After the parade, there is bonfire at the HEHS Baseball Field. Then, Thursday includes a dodgeball tournament beginning at 3 p.m. in the main gym. Friday, the most exciting day, CBS is doing a flyover of the school at 6:15 a.m. and we have the Homecoming Recognition Assembly at the end of the day. Be sure to wear your orange and blue!

The soccer game vs. Palatine occurs at 5 p.m., and the homecoming football game against Palatine High School begins at 7 p.m. Fireworks will follow the game. 

Additionally, pre homecoming we have spirit week. The start of spirit week is Adam Sandler day so wear pajamas or something oversized. Tuesday involves anything but a backpack, Wednesday is Barbie, Thursday is surfers vs. Bikers, and Friday is our school colors orange and blue. 

On Friday we were introduced to the 2023 Homecoming Court. The royalty nominees are Carolyn Chan, Chris Warren, David Balase, Eloy Suarez, Emanuel Correa, Filip Lewandowski, Izzy Troyer, Nabeel Shakeel, Rachel Wickey, Sania Kamani, Sarah Aguilar, and Tej Shah. There is a no gender policy that lets you vote for whoever you want. Voting has already started and will last until Wednesday, September 20. 

The homecoming dance is Saturday, September 23 from 7 p.m. to 10 p.m. Tickets cost $20 each and the entrance is located at Door 9. All guests and students must have tickets to enter. Pro tip! Buy the pre-sale tickets to get in much faster because there is usually a long line of people waiting the day of the dance.

Pre-sale tickets are available from Wednesday  to Friday, September 22 and must be purchased if bringing a guest not from HEHS. The google form for the guest information must also be complete in order for them to enter the dance. 

Before entering, all students will get their belongings checked and you must have your HEHS ID to enter and the guest must have a valid form of identification. If you leave the dance, you cannot be readmitted, instead if you need a break, you can go to the concessions stand to get drinks or snacks.