Hawkeye View

The student news site of Hoffman Estates High School

Hawkeye View

Hawkeye View

Follow Us on Twitter
Meet the Staff

My name is Charlotte Castelan, and I’m proud to be part of the Hawkeye View staff! I’m happy to say I’ve been a part of this club for all my four years at HEHS and hope to harness all the journalistic...

Blue crew offers support throughout football season

It’s a Friday night under Hoffman Estates High School’s stadium lights as the Blue Crew roars, cheering on their school with pride.  Approaching playoffs, Hoffman’s football team is currently 6-3 in overall wins and the Blue Crew has been beside them through it all. 

This upcoming Friday, October 27, marks the start of playoffs when the Hoffman Hawks will take on the Warriors at Lincoln Way West.  Blue Crew will be supporting and cheering on HEHS while sporting their best jersey looks in accordance with the “jersey night” theme.  

The 2023 football season has consisted of encouragement and determination on the field as well as on the sidelines. The team continuously portrayed the HEHS football motto, “tough people win,” through all of their victories and losses of the season. 

“This season has been filled with lots of close games,” said Senior Nabeel Shakeel, a Blue Crew leader.

The Blue Crew was loud this season, demonstrating their Hoffman Hawk pride by engaging in fun, creative themes such as “pink out” and “neon night.” 

“My favorite theme is always pink out,” said Senior Natasha Shadman, a Blue Crew leader. “It shows awareness for breast cancer and I also love the color pink.” 

Participating in Blue Crew provides an opportunity to have a good time while showing school spirit and making connections with peers. 

“It’s important to be involved with Blue Crew,” said Shakeel. “It can help you discover groups of people to interact with and it reflects our school by showing that we are a fun community at Hoffman.”

Additionally, having an enthusiastic and lively Blue Crew is a key component to a successful season—the more support from the crowd, the more confidence the players gain on the field.  

“High school is the time to go all out for events,” said Shadman. “There are only four short years and you don’t get them back. Making the most of the games and dressing up to show support is so crucial.”