Hawkeye View

The student news site of Hoffman Estates High School

Hawkeye View

Hawkeye View

Follow Us on Twitter
Meet the Staff

Hi, my name is Iasmina, and I’m a sophomore at HEHS. On top of writing for Hawkeye View, I am a member of the Speech, Math, and Tennis teams, as well as Book Club. I love cats, reading, nature, and watching...

News Brief: Musical involves a visit to Urinetown

The show opens this Wednesday and promises to entertain

The time has arrived for the grand debut of Hoffman Estates High School’s musical production of Urinetown—a uniquely entertaining performance you won’t want to miss. 

Opening night is Wednesday, March 6 and will be followed by more showings on Thursday, Friday, and Saturday. 

The Hoffman theater department has been extensively hard at work to perfect their performance through many late nights of rehearsing and Saturdays of building sets. Usually, the last cars remaining in the HEHS parking lot at the end of the day are from students in theater. 

“[Urinetown] is a crazy, goofy, unique show,” said Jason Stevens, musical director and English teacher. “It’s designed to make you think about the world you live in.”

In a wonderfully comedic, yet thought provoking, endeavor, Urinetown is certainly an exciting musical adventure to be experienced.