2015 Leadership Conference motivates students to have a positive attitude and realize their potential

Lubna Hashim, Staff Writer

How do you feel today?

Most people would answer that they were okay or whatever because, to them, it’s just a casual question. However, for every student that participated in the Leadership Conference, the answer is always GREAT!

The 2015 Leadership Conference was exactly what it sounds like: all of the school trailblazers came together to learn how to be better leaders. Although anything with “learning” sounds dry, most people left saying they had a great time. The conference focused on leadership skills like motivation, problem solving, and each lesson came with a game.

Jordyn Fera (’16), a student leader, said that she “loved the activities and mini games” and learned from her favorite activity that everyone wanted to be a part of something,  and that they just needed a leader.

She said that she had learned tons and would apply the new information to her leadership, especially when it comes to attitude.

“In the end, you control the type of day you are going to have,” she said. The students learned that being a leader isn’t some crazy hard decision. Other lessons were about including people and the realization that everyone is teeming with potential.

Overall, the Leadership Conference taught students how to be not only exactly what the school needs, but also what the world needs.

I’m positive that everyone that participated left feeling like they could one day do something GREAT!