Homecoming King Candidate: Ryan Greenwalt

Cody Mui, Staff Writer

Q: What qualities do you have that would make you a great homecoming king?

A: I think that I’m a person that others can look up to. I’m in sports and a few clubs and I work hard. I don’t drink or smoke either which is a good quality for anyone.

Q: What has been your biggest accomplishment during high school?
A: My biggest accomplishment was running in the state cross country meet a year ago. I’d been training really hard for an opportunity like that and to compete at such a high level was thrilling.

Q: Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
A: My older sister Hannah is my biggest inspiration. I’ve always followed in her footsteps and tried to be like her.

Q: What is your favorite activity or sport and why?
A: My favorite activity is band because I really like making noise and hitting things, which is what percussion is all about. My favorite sport is cross country because I’ve always liked competing, but I was too skinny to play contact sports. So cross country is the right fit.

Q: What is your favorite school subject and why?
A: My favorite subject is history because it applies to everyday life so much. When I learn about history, I learn that other people all over the world are so much like us and it makes me feel better about everything that happens in the world today.

Q: What do you think is the best part of The Wizard of Oz?
A: The best part of The Wizard of Oz is probably the song that the munchkins sing to Dorothy as they send her on her journey. The colors are really cool and everyone seems so happy and upbeat it’s just a really fun part.

Q: What are you most looking forward to during homecoming week?
A: I’m looking forward to go to all the activities. I’ve never been to Film on the Field, but I’m going to go this year. Also, I love dressing up and Coronation should be a really cool event too. I always loved watching Coronation. I hope walking in it is as much fun.