King Candidate: Shiv Patel

Shiv Patel

Shiv Patel

Q: What qualities do you have that would make you a great homecoming queen?

A: I believe that I am a very open person and I talk to a wide variety of people. I am involved in sports, clubs and I have taken some rigorous classes at Hoffman so I have gotten to meet some incredible people. Being homecoming king would just be huge honor and I would have all the connections and friendships I’ve made to thank for it. They have made my Hoffman experience a wonderful one and it’s bittersweet that it’s already my senior year.

Q: What has been your biggest accomplishment during high school?

A: My biggest accomplishment in high school has got to be me winning the conference title in the 3200m run during my junior year track season. I had a really rough sophomore year track season where all my times went down from my freshmen year. I came into junior year wanting to make up for a “wasted” season. I put in more than a thousand miles that winter and winning conference made me feel like my hard work paid off.

Q: Who is your biggest inspiration and why?

A: My biggest inspiration is my father. He is the toughest guy I know. He works hard and is kind to everyone he meets. He has had a hard life growing up but he never shows it because he is constantly smiling and looking at the positives in life. I try to be like him every day.

Q: What is your favorite activity or sport?

A: My favorite sport has got to be cross country. We work hard all summer and put in hundreds of miles, which is tough, but it is all worth it. The last two years we have won division titles and we have qualified to state. I have some awesome teammates which makes this sport so much more fun for me, and winning together just helps us bond even more.

Q: What is your favorite subject in school and why?

A: My favorite school subject has to be chemistry. I love Ms. Katovich. She is one of my favorite teachers. She makes Chem look easy and she makes it enjoyable. Her energy is contagious and I look forward to seeing her in class every day.

Q: What is your favorite part of a circus?

A: I think the best part of the circus is the acrobats. They are just graceful and I wish I could do the things they do.

Q: What are you most looking forward to during homecoming week?

A: I am really looking forward to Friday! Spirit day is my favorite day of the week and I love seeing the school dress in blue and orange. Plus I think the homecoming coronation ceremony is gorgeous and I can’t wait to see the court dressed up!