HEHS HoCo: the inspiration, the theme, and the events

Names of the court members were revealed after the popping of the balloons.

Jodee Capati, Staff Writer

Hoffman Estates High School’s Homecoming theme is all about superheroes & villians, with or without the capes.

Last year, Student Council wanted to have the advantage of planning ahead for this year’s homecoming. Through the help of the freshmen, sophomores, and juniors who are in Student Council, they decided on a theme of superheroes.

“Black Panther and Marvel’s Avengers: Infinity War were out so it was on everyone’s mind, so we went with the superhero theme because of that,” said Student Council Sponsor Ryan Brown. 

Homecoming starts off with a 40-minute kickoff. This year, POMS, Cheer, and the Hawkettes performed a superhero-themed dance. It was followed by FLAGS performing the song “Thriller.” The band performed the Michael Jackson song.

Barry Jeong, science, Brown, and Tyler Michie, science, popped balloons as they announced the 12 lucky females / males who will be a part of Homecoming court.

This year’s Homecoming court includes Max Schmidt, Kate Mongold, Kati Krogstad, Alex Gonzalez, Dio Davila, Femi Oginni, Alan Wagner, Abby Fuscone, Jill Maier, Kyle Krogstad, Kate Gonzalez, and Daphne Gutierrez.

Voting for Homecoming King and Queen takes place on Infinite Campus. The link was sent to every student’s email.

The following are the upcoming events prior to Homecoming:

September 25 (Tuesday – TODAY) – Homecoming Hallway Decorating

September 26 (Wednesday) – PowderPuff Football

September 28 (Friday) – Homecoming Coronation/Football Game (Superhero)

September 29 (Saturday) – Homecoming Dance at 7 p.m.

Tickets are sold in the main office from Sept. 24-28 (Single – $15, Double – $25) and Sept. 29 at the door of the dance (Single – $20, Double $30).