Improvement, perseverance: Girls’ volleyball achieves both of these goals this season

Back to Article
Back to Article

Graciela Ruiz, Staff Writer

Girl’s volleyball this season was a season devoted to improvement and perseverance.

While a change in coaching can be tough, the team held up under the pressure. Coach Patrick Moran has expressed his pride in the hard work of the varsity team.

“I am very proud of the girls with all that we accomplished and how much we improved throughout the course of the season,” he said. “Other coaches and officials were constantly complimenting us on how hard we competed which says a lot about the character of our team. Our seniors will be missed, but I am looking forward to working with our returning athletes and continuing to build off our first year together.”

The athletes involved also have treasured memories of the season. Senior Emily Hunt describes her love for the team and her admiration of their hard work, saying that  she “loves this team.”

“My favorite moment of the season is when we were down 6-14 one game point and we came back and won. These girls always left it all on the floor and made my last year one to remember,” said Hunt.

Senior Sarah Benson reflected on how their coach helped them improve and pushed them to do their best.

“Our coach was encouraging and extremely engaged with our season. He always had a game day sheet, telling us what to look out for and what to do better,” said Benson.

• Improvement, perseverance: Girls’ volleyball achieves both of these goals this season

News

Resource officer already making an impact at HEHS

News

HEHS takes first place at Building STEAM event

News

Who’s WHOSSICAL in the musical?

News

Rube Goldberg team is going to Nationals

Showcase

Winning is sweet when a team is built on respect

Sports

Girls’ basketball team shows strength on the court

News

Detective Allen leaves lasting impression on HEHS students, staff

Student Life

HEHS’ 4 for 4: Four reasons the Dance Show is a must see

Sports

Girls’ emerging golfers improve skills, achieve goals

Sports

Varsity football’s season soars