Amiyah Moore celebrates HEHS’ creativity

This homecoming court nominee took the time to chat about her inspirations and accomplishments.

Jodee Capati, Lead Writer

What qualities do you have that would make you a great homecoming king/queen?
– I’m very accepting and compassionate which I think are two qualities that really embody the culture and the atmosphere of HEHS.

What has been your biggest accomplishment during high school?
– My biggest accomplishment was being accepting into a Hispanic leadership program over last summer break. It was an incredible experience to be around some of the brightest students in the nation.

Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
– My biggest inspiration is probably my mom because she’s always been such a great role model for me while growing up. I hope to be even half of the woman she is.

What do you think is the best part of this year’s Homecoming theme?
– I’ve loved seeing the creativity this year with the themes everyday. The students at Hoffman are very creative and they’re outfits have been so out of the box.

What gets you involved in HEHS?
– I’m a part of Junior Hawk Mentors and PALS. I also cheer competitively and for sidelines.

What are you looking forward to for Homecoming week?
– I’m looking forward to the dance. Since it is my last homecoming I’m very excited yet sad to spend the night dancing one last time with my friends.

September 27, 2019 is Coronation day, with an assembly starting at 2:00 PM. Find out who will the next HEHS Homecoming King and Queen be!
Homecoming tickets are sold for $15-single and $25-double by Friday. $20-single and $30-double at the door on Saturday!