Manny Valencia ensures students feel welcomed at HEHS

Homecoming Court Nominee Valencia says, “I get along well with everyone…I always try my best so that every student feels included and welcomed in any sport or club that I am involved in.”

Jodee Capati, Lead Writer

What qualities do you have that would make you a great homecoming king/queen?
• I get along well with everyone and don’t have any problems with anybody. I always try my best so that every student feels included and welcomed in any sport or club that I am involved in. I am a leader among my activities that shows how things should be done and how to treat others.

What has been your biggest accomplishment during high school?
• My biggest accomplishment during high school was being able to compete with my dance team on the international level and even win some of the competitions.

Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
• My dad is my biggest inspiration because of how hardworking and determined he is. He has gone through a lot in his life, but nothing has set him back from the goals he wants to achieve.

What do you think is the best part of this year’s Homecoming theme?
• The best part of this year’s homecoming theme is that we’re able to pick from a huge variety of props and games for the everyday themes.

What gets you involved in HEHS?
• I love being involved in HEHS because nothing feels better than making myself stronger physically and mentally, but at the same time creating my own family with my teammates.

What are you looking forward to for Homecoming week?
• I’m looking most forward to the entire week really. It’s exciting taking part of the decorations, dressing up, going to the events and being part of the ceremony and dance.

September 27, 2019 is Coronation day, with an assembly starting at 2:00 PM. Find out who will the next HEHS Homecoming King
and Queen be!
Homecoming tickets are sold for $15-single and $25-double by Friday. $20-single and $30-double at the door on Saturday!