Girls volleyball ends season with a winning record

Nehal Venkatesh, Staff Writer

After a successful season of playing hard, persevering, and pushing their limits, the Hoffman Estates high school volleyball team was able to come out on top, break multiple records, and make history. 

“Our volleyball season was really fun, we made history and ended the season with a winning record. Our biggest accomplishments were probably winning conference games, especially against Fremd and Palatine on their senior nights,” said Maya Schmidt, varsity captain.

Schmidt was a senior varsity captain who was also named to the prestigious all conference team. She further expands on the triumphs of the girls, as they crush their competition in conference games against schools like Fremd, Conant, and Palatine.

In addition to the remarkable achievements of the team, there was also an amazing team dynamic amongst the girls. They strive to have a close-knit program that strives for a welcoming environment with the players and coaches.

“Volleyball was so much fun, the team is always so inclusive of everyone. Our biggest accomplishment was the victory against Conant, a strong conference school,” said Abby Major, varsity captain and senior.

The varsity team emits positivity throughout their season, even when down in their games. They are all friends, in and out of the court. 

“I love our team chemistry. We all got along with each other greatly and had an amazing time with no drama,” said Schmidt.