Hawkeye View

The student news site of Hoffman Estates High School

Hawkeye View

Hawkeye View

Follow Us on Twitter
Meet the Staff

Hi, my name is Madison Davis. I am a sophomore at HEHS. I’m a member of the Hawkeye View, and I'm also involved in the Photography Club. I enjoy spending quality time with friends and my family. Something...

Homecoming Court Spotlight: Sania Kamani

Q: Why are you excited to be on homecoming court?
A: I am excited to be on homecoming court because I will get to build some of the most precious and special memories of my high school year.  Also being on court is such an honor, to know that my peers voted for me to be in this position is so special to me.

Q: What activities are you involved in?
A: MSA and BPA

Q: Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
A: My parents are the most important people in my life.  They genuinely come from absolutely nothing.  Both of my parents never got the chance to attend college or even complete high school, and they both grew up in poverty in Pakistan.  Through hard work they built a life for my sisters and myself to where we never have to worry about anything.  They have given me the privilege to know that I can pursue higher education without having to worry about bills or food on the table.  They are symbols of perseverance for me.  Everyday their faces are reminders to me that through hard work anything is possible.

Q: Why should people vote for you for homecoming?
A: People should vote for me because I’m someone who always motivates the people around me, regardless of my relationship with them.  I always hype up my classmates and peers and encourage them to do their best.  I’m also a very energetic and enthusiastic person.  I always bring positive vibes and lift up any space I’m in.

Q: What is one life lesson school has taught you?
A: A lesson school has taught me is that I can change the future but not the past.  What is done can’t be changed.  Whether the situation is a bad grade or complications in my relationships.  I can’t change the bad grade I got but I can work on improving my grade on future assignments/tests.  I could choose between pondering on the past or bettering the outcome of my future.