Hawkeye View

The student news site of Hoffman Estates High School

Hawkeye View

Hawkeye View

Follow Us on Twitter
Meet the Staff

Hi! My name is Tiffany Burghelea, and I’m a sophomore. Besides being on the newspaper editorial team, some things I enjoy are my cats, traveling, and writing! Also, I am apart of SHO and yearbook. Eventually,...

Homecoming Court Spotlight: Carolyn Chan 

Q: Why are you excited to be on homecoming court?
A: I’m excited because it’s a dream come true being on homecoming court— literally. I had a dream I was on homecoming court weeks ago. It’s truly surreal comprehending that my peers want to see me represent Homan. It’s a scary but exciting experience and responsibility and I can’t wait to see what is next.

Q: What activities are you involved in?
A: I’m involved in Poms during the fall season, color-guard during the winter season and debate year round. I’m a group leader for YAC (Youth Advocates for Change) and I also compete in BPA and volunteer for the NHS.

Q: Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
A:
I can’t choose just one person as the most important person in my life. The most important people in my life are my family because without my family’s support in my studies and activities, I could never achieve what I have today. They’ve always agreed to any last-second drop off or pick up and comfort me during my hardest times.

Q: Why should people vote for you for homecoming?
A: I hope people vote for me because they truly believe in my ability to be a leader and a role model. Anyone who decides to vote for me can be confident in my unwavering determination to create a safe space for everyone and to make anyone smile. I am passionate about many things and that includes the well-being and respect my peers deserve and I am confident that I can be a positive influence in my community.

Q: What is one life lesson school has taught you?
A: One life lesson school has taught me is to live my life with no regrets. Especially now that I’m in my senior year of high school, I don’t want to lose the opportunities I have, whether it be little things like dressing up for spirit days or going to homecoming with my friends. I want to live my senior year to the fullest and confidently live my life how I want to.