Hawkeye View

The student news site of Hoffman Estates High School

Hawkeye View

Hawkeye View

Follow Us on Twitter
Meet the Staff

Hello, I'm Subia! I'm currently a freshman at HEHS. I have a deep passion for TV shows and love quality time spent with my friends and family. While I'm quite intrigued by the field of journalism, my ultimate...

Homecoming Court Spotlight: Tej Shah 

Q: Why are you excited to be on homecoming court?
A: I am excited to be on homecoming court because it would allow me to feel accomplished of all my work throughout my high school career and that [would] mean [my] dedication has finally paid off.

Q: What activities are you involved in?
A: Sports: Hockey (outside of school for all four years) and  boys volleyball (freshman, sophomore, and junior year) Activities: NHS (junior and senior year, currently an officer), Blue Crew (All 4 years), BPA (Sophomore, Junior, and Senior), MSA (Junior and Senior), Social Studies Club (Sophomore, Junior, and Senior year), Math Team (Sophomore, Junior, and Senior), Students Helping Others (Junior and Senior year), Chess Team (Sophomore and Junior year), Finance/ Investing Club (Junior year), Interact Club (Sophomore year), Junior Class Club, Senior Class Club, Student council (Sophomore year), Trivia Team (Junior Year), Photography Club (Junior Year). 

Q: Who is the most important person in your life, and why?
A: The most important person in my life is undoubtedly my mother. Every day no matter the situation and often being the only time of the day that we get to see each other, we have agreed the she will pick me up and we will eat lunch together at the park. Regardless if I have other commitments or if she has errands to run we make sure to eat a peaceful meal together and let all our other worries flow away. Without someone like my mother in my life and all the guidance she has provided me, I can guarantee not only that I wouldn’t be the same person I am today but also that I would not have been a homecoming court nominee.

Q: Why should people vote for you for homecoming?
A: People should vote for me for homecoming because I embody the voice of the students at Hoffman and showcase what it means to be a true “Hawk”. Throughout my endeavors in clubs, activities, and sports I have strived to be the connection between students like myself and teachers who shape us into who we are today. Whenever possible I even try to go a step further by giving back to the community I grew up in through any volunteering opportunities that come my way.

Q: What is one life lesson school has taught you?
A: One life lesson school has taught me is that it is not enough to simply step out of your comfort zone. As a freshman, granted it was COVID, I didn’t participate in any school clubs or activities. However, I made sure that at the start of sophomore year I signed up for any club that peaked my interests even slightly. As a result, I was able to feel a sense of belonging in a variety of different groups. My final message to all students would be that when considering whether or not to join that club, go to that activity, try out for that sport… etc. DO IT! As the young people we are, we will define the future of the community around us and we need to take action whenever possible. We can take a break when we’re old and pass on this message to the younger generations.