Hawkeye View

The student news site of Hoffman Estates High School

Hawkeye View

Hawkeye View

Follow Us on Twitter
Meet the Staff

Hi, my name is Madison Davis. I am a sophomore at HEHS. I’m a member of the Hawkeye View, and I'm also involved in the Photography Club. I enjoy spending quality time with friends and my family. Something...

Students, staff reflect on favorite high school-inspired movies

Image courtesy of Pixabay.com

When one thinks of heading back to school, usually they’d prefer to envision the more fun aspects: hanging out with friends, attending sporting events, and participating in clubs. However, when practical things like homework or sports seem to get too much, sometimes we all wish we could have our lives as easy or entertaining as something out of a film. After all, the movies are one of the best methods of depicting real life as something magically entertaining. This year, our theme of Back to School perfectly encapsulates the energy of living out our exciting movie moments as we celebrate Hoffman’s 50th anniversary together! 

Here are some of our Hawks’ favorite high school flicks: 

Lulu Campos, Junior 

Clueless

I really like the outfits in it and the characters. Their personalities are very funny. A cult classic, honestly; I could watch it forever! 

Riley Foszcz, Senior 

10 Things I Hate About You

I love it more than Karla. I loved it because it was something I watched when I was younger and it made me realize “if he wanted to he would”. 

Karla Castillo, Senior

10 things I Hate About You

I loved the character development between two polar opposites and how they taught each other to love.

Ms. Nustra  

Napoleon Dynamite 

I like how painfully awkward it is and ambiguous in its time. It seems like it’s from the 80’s even though it’s not. 

Natasha Shadman, Senior 

Mean Girls 

I love how funny and satirical the movie is, and it also inspired the “On Wednesdays we wear pink” spirit day for breast cancer awareness in October! 

Mr. Michie 

Ferris Bueller’s Day Off

I know EVERY word to that movie. Also, it takes place in Chicago. 

Kylie LeGrand, Sophomore 

School of Rock 

I just think it’s really funny; Jack Black is a great actor. 

Ray Quiroz-Perez, Junior 

The School of Good and Evil 

I like how it is directed by the author [of the original book], so it’s gonna be very “stuck on” the story and very accurate. The characters are accurate to the original plot. 

Mr. HC 

The Breakfast Club 

I liked that movie because it represents different groups people are in and that different types of people can be friends with each other.