Homecoming King Candidate: Daniel Ham

Homecoming King Candidate: Daniel Ham

Mihir Patel, Staff Writer

1. What qualities do you have that would make you a great homecoming king / queen?

Personally, I feel like I am the type of person that has not only worked hard but also supported my fellow peers with the best of my abilities. This has helped me develop great leadership skills that a homecoming king or queen should have. The ultimate responsibility of the homecoming king is to support his peers with the best of his abilities, and I feel like I’ve done that.

1. What has been your biggest accomplishment during high school?

I’d have to say that my biggest accomplishment in high school was making the varsity volleyball team my sophomore year since; most people don’t make varsity until their senior year.

1. Who is your biggest inspiration and why?

My younger brother is definitely my inspiration because he lives his life to the fullest and shows a lot of civil humility. Even though he’s quite a bit younger than I am, there is a lot I learn from him on a daily basis.

1. What is your favorite activity or sport and why?

My favorite sport is definitely volleyball. The volleyball community has been very accepting and supportive to me over the years and the coaches are just phenomenal.

1. What is your favorite school subject and why?

English is my favorite subject in school because that’s the subject I struggle in the most. I feel like it’s one of those subjects that is preparing me for the real world that will hit me right after high school and college.

1. What do you think is the best part of The Wizard of Oz?

Personally, I haven’t gotten a chance to see the movie yet, but I really like the part where Dorothy sings “Somewhere over the Rainbow.”  It really takes you out of the society that we live in today and lets you dream of whatever is in your mind.

1. What are you most looking forward to during homecoming week?

I’m really looking forward to the dance itself. I can’t wait to see what the DJ has prepared for us, Hawks. The spirit week as a whole is also my favorite too; I love dressing up in all sorts of themes.