Nick Johnson believes being involved has made his time at HEHS most memorable

“What gets me involved in HEHS is the sense of family,” said Homecoming Nominee Johnson.

Jodee Capati, Lead Writer

What qualities do you have that would make you a great homecoming king/queen?
– The qualities that would make me a great homecoming king are my academic qualities, my involvement in the school, and my overall character. Through activities and sports like football, track, and NHS, I’ve been able to become a member of the school that represents us well and as an example. I’ve maintained great grades and challenged myself in courses while building relationships with teachers and students. Furthermore, I believe that I represent a character who’s humble, kind, and welcoming to our great school.

What has been your biggest accomplishment during high school?
– My biggest accomplish during high school was maintaining a 4.0 GPA. Through the difficult courses I enrolled in, I not only passed my classes, but I also succeeded in them and learned many valuable skills.

Who is your biggest inspiration and why?
– My biggest inspiration is my mom. She’s so energetic, cheerful, and kind to everyone. Whenever you see her, she always has a smile on her face, and she’s made me one of the happiest children in the world. I will forever be thankful for what she’s done for me.

What do you think is the best part of this year’s Homecoming theme?
– The best part of this year’s homecoming theme is how fun it is. I’m going to be able to be ridiculous like wearing a bathrobe on Uno Monday, extreme Pinkout on Candyland Tuesday, Connect Four sounds very creative as I’ll be able to dress up as an m&m, and Game-On Thursday as Mario. I’d also like to shout out Katelynn Nguyen for helping to bring my super smash bros poster to life. This was a great experience and will also remain one of the most fun parts of high school.

What gets you involved in HEHS?
– What gets me involved in HEHS is the sense of family. Being in football not only presented itself as a sport, but rather a family. I’ve made brothers out of my teammates and father figures out of my coaches. They’re always there for me and have helped grow me into a hardworking leader. They’re my family.

What are you looking forward to for Hoco week?
– I am looking forward to dressing up ridiculously among everyone and seeing everyone dress up ridiculously as well! I’ll feel very welcome, I’ll have fun, and I’ll feel like a leader of this school. I feel honored to be a part of this court.

September 27, 2019 is Coronation day, with an assembly starting at 2:00 PM. Find out who will the next HEHS Homecoming King
and Queen be!
Homecoming tickets are sold for $15-single and $25-double by Friday. $20-single and $30-double at the door on Saturday!